Most of us think if we brush, floss, and take care of our teeth perfectly, there is no way we could possibly develop a cavity. But even regular dentist visitors may be surprised to learn that cavities are commonplace and an easy fix as well. Filling a cavity is a routine procedure and a service that Dr. Yahya in Spring Valley, CA, is happy to provide to his patients.
Cavities are annoying, and not only that, but one cavity could draw attention away from your shiny white teeth toward that one black, discolored tooth. But once you have had the cavity filled, it is less noticeable, right? Well, sadly, this is not always the case. In some places, gold or silver fillings are fairly popular, but when you laugh or small, attention will once again be drawn toward that out-of-place shimmer in your mouth. While these shimmering stones may be more attractive than a black cavity, it still sticks out like a sore thumb.
This is why here at Spring Valley Dental Care, we use tooth-colored fillings to repair cavities. These tooth-colored fillings are far less noticeable than cavities and gold and silver fillings. Once they are installed, no one will be able to tell that you have had a cavity filled.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Aesthetics — the tooth-colored filling material is matched to your natural tooth’s shade and color, making the white filling almost invisible. This is especially nice if the filling is needed on the front teeth or on a visible part of a tooth.
- Ability to bond to tooth structure — tooth-colored filling materials actually chemically bond to the tooth, so there is more support in the repaired tooth.
- Multi uses — tooth-colored filling material can not only be used to repair a cavity; this strong material can also be used to repair chips or cracks in a tooth.
Spring Valley Dental Care’s Steps to Placing Fillings
- After Dr. Yahya has cleaned the decay out and cleaned the area, the tooth-colored filling material is spread onto the area in layers.
- Next, Dr. Yahya shines a special light on the white filling, and it hardens. Layer on layer, the tooth-colored filling is applied, then hardens with the light.
- Once all the layers have been applied and hardened, the dentist will trim off any extra material, shape the tooth, and then polish it.
With tooth-colored fillings, no one will know you had to have a cavity filled. If you want to know more about tooth-colored fillings, contact us today. If you’re ready to schedule a visit, fill out our appointment request form.