When the holiday seasons begins to roll around, there is a lot of food and dessert that is introduced to your diet. It is important to be aware of the different types of foods you’re eating and make sure that you are keeping up with your oral hygiene. This Thanksgiving, learn the different foods that are less damaging to your teeth and prepare to maintain your oral health.
Spring Valley Dental Care provides excellent dental care to families in Spring Valley, California. Dr. William Boyer is focused on providing patients with the most comfortable dental experience in the area. We aim to help your family develop healthy oral hygiene habits. Here is a look at foods that promote better oral health.
Healthy Foods For Your Teeth
With Thanksgiving, there are a lot of different foods available. It is important to have foods available that are also good for your teeth and oral health. Whether you are eating snacks on your travels or eating throughout the day, here are some foods that can be better for your mouth:
- Leafy Greens: These veggies provide you with plenty of valuable vitamins and minerals. They help build your teeth’s enamel.
- Apples: Because they are high in fiber and water, they promote saliva in your mouth which helps rinse away bacteria and food particles.
- Carrots: They work a lot like apples and also allow your mouth to produce more saliva. This will keep bacteria from growing on your teeth.
- Celery: Another fibrous food that is great to clean your mouth of bacteria.
- Almonds: These nuts are a great source of calcium and low in sugar. These will help strengthen your enamel.
Proper Dental Care
Whether you are traveling to family and friends or staying home for Thanksgiving, you’ll want to make sure that your oral hygiene isn’t forgotten. With all the extra food you’ll eat during the holiday, it is important to brush and floss to keep bacteria from growing on your teeth. This will help you avoid tooth decay during the holiday.
Visit Spring Valley Dental Care
If you want to get the best dental care in town, you can visit our office at Spring Valley Dental Care. We are here to provide you a comfortable experience and make sure that your smile is something to be proud of. Give our office a call at 619-670-4471 or contact us here to schedule an appointment with us today!