If you seek to achieve a beautiful smile full of perfect teeth, look no further than cosmetic dental veneers. Whether your teeth are discolored, chipped, cracked, or broken Spring Valley Dental can help you get the smile you’ve only dreamed of. We offer artistic cosmetic dentistry for residents of Spring Valley, La Mesa, and surrounding areas.
Dental Veneers Defined
Now that you have a sense of what veneers can do to improve your teeth, you may be wondering what exactly veneers are. Dental veneers are thin layers of porcelain that are bonded to your teeth. They provide a natural look and feel to damaged or discolored teeth, made with the durability and strength to last. If you’re interested in getting veneers for your front teeth, porcelain veneers are a great choice as they are lighter, giving you a whiter smile. Porcelain veneers are also more resistant to stains.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
As mentioned, dental veneers are a great way to improve the look of your smile as well as repair cracked or broken teeth. Additionally, veneers present a variety of benefits that go further than just the appearance of your teeth. Take a look below to see the many advantages of getting dental veneers:
- Dental veneers look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
- Patient’s gum tissue often tolerate porcelain
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- You can select the color of veneers to lighten dark or stained teeth and match the rest of your smile
- The process of attaining porcelain veneers requires less than that of dental crowns.
The Dental Veneer Procedure
Generally, getting dental veneers requires a few trips to the dentist. There is usually a one to two week wait period after the second appointment, as your veneers will be constructed after this second appointment. Each visit to the dentist will most likely go as follows:
- 1st Appointment – During your first visit, or consultation, you’ll tell the dentist what you would like to achieve in getting dental veneers. The dentist will take a look at your teeth to determine whether or not dental veneers are right for you and fill you in about the procedure accordingly.
- Prepping – Once your dentist decides dental veneers will work for you, the second appointment involves preparing your teeth for veneers by removing some of your tooth’s surface where the veneer will be placed. An impression will then be made of your tooth so the veneer can be made. One or two weeks will pass before you next visit while the veneers are constructed. In the time being, temporary veneers may be placed in your mouth.
- Bonding – Finally, your dentist will ensure the veneer fits your tooth and matches in color. When ready, your tooth will be cleaned and etched to provide a rough surface for bonding the veneer. Your veneer is then cemented to the tooth, giving you a new, natural tooth!
Simply put, your new veneers won’t require any special care. Regular brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings will keep your veneers clean and sparkling. Just like normal teeth, it’s advised that you avoid any foods and drinks that can potentially stain your veneers.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are considering solutions to damaged teeth, give Spring Valley Dental a call today to get started on your path to a perfect smile. We are happy to help!